Angier was a partner of Thomas W. Bradley and George B. Hall as one of Stephen F. Austin's Old Three Hundred colonists. The three men received title to a sitio of land on the west bank of Chocolate Bayou three leagues above its mouth on August 16, 1824; the land is now in Brazoria County. Additionally, Angier was granted a labor of land on the east bank of the Brazos four miles above its mouth on August 24, 1824. In a quiet ceremony at the home of James Briton (Brit) Bailey on April 30, 1829, he married Old Three Hundred colonist Mrs. Permelia Pickett, in a ceremony conducted by Alexander Hodge, comisario of the precinct of Victoria. Consequent to his marriage, Angier requested, and on December 10, 1830, received, two-thirds of a league of land "on the right margin of Chocolate Bayou within the littoral Belt, above and adjacent to the league conceded to the petitioner together with Bradley and Hall."
Angier was one of the four established physicians of Brazoria Municipality who early in the 1830s were appointed by the ayuntamiento as a standing committee to examine the qualifications of persons wishing to practice surgery and medicine in the municipality. David G. Burnet, one of the delegates from Liberty, stopped at the Chocolate Bayou home of Dr. Angier after becoming ill on his way to the Consultation. On February 1, 1836, Angier served as an election judge for Brazoria Municipality when delegates were chosen for the Constitutional Convention of 1836, to convene at Washington-on-the-Brazos.
On September 5, 1837, Permelia Angier died. In April of 1838 Angier, who gave his place of residence as Liverpool, was one of several signatories from across Texas of a memorial to the Congress of the Republic of Texas requesting the establishment of a system of public education. Angier married Mary Ann Augusta Kendall, the daughter of Horace and Mary (Cogswell) Kendall, in Monroe County, Alabama, on June 28, 1842. He was a Methodist and she a Presbyterian. Angier's return to Texas from New Orleans aboard the Neptune was reported on March 20, 1844, in the Houston Telegraph and Texas Register. The Columbia Planter of September 12, 1845, carried an advertisement for the Columbia Female Seminary, which was to open on the twenty-ninth, with Mrs. Angier as headmistress. Samuel and Mary Angier had a son in 1846. Mary died near West Columbia in 1854, and Angier married Mrs. Mary O'Brien Millard on May 25, 1857, in the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, in Galveston. Dr. Angier died in West Columbia on April 17, 1867. He is buried in the Columbia Cemetery in West Columbia.
Angier was one of the twenty Old Three Hundred settlers known to have been Freemasons. He was a charter member of St. John's Lodge Number 49 (later to become St. John's Lodge Number 5), organized in Columbia in 1848, and was selected grand master of the lodge on June 1, 1848. He served as lodge treasurer in 1849 and 1850 and was junior steward in 1858 and junior warden in 1861.
29° 08.437, -095° 38.887